Why do you need online scheduling for your salon? The answer is simple,…it saves you time and money! Whether you are trying to build a business, or automate some tasks that are taking up your valuable time, most programs do more than just allow clients to schedule their next appointment.
There is no need to try to find the time to send individual promotions and emails to customers, these programs do it for you. Why deal with endless calls from clients trying to set up appointments? With live up-to-date 24/7 online booking, your clients can easily see availability rather than waiting at the front desk searching the books for an available time slot.
Your clients are busy people with busy schedules. They also would rather not have to wait any longer after their service is done and they’ve checked out to look at their schedule. It’s not only time-consuming, but can be frustrating during those busier salon hours.
Online Scheduling Benefits Outweigh the Costs
You’ll find most programs provide you the opportunity to have your salon’s services and prices listed and up to date and make online payments, a quick, easy and painless (we can’t forget – highly convenient!) experience for your clients. With a simple click, clients can add extra services and upgrades when using their credit cards. Just think, they are not being rushed before or after a service- they have time to browse all of your services. Why wouldn’t you want a little help to increase revenue?
Benefits to Consider
There are many programs available, with numerous features, giving you options when deciding which is right for your salon. Honestly, most scheduling companies provide you with practically identical features, but do you know which features will benefit you the most? Some popular (and very helpful!) features to look for should be:
- ONLINE BOOKING/UP TO DATE AVAILABILITY CALENDAR- You may find yourself with more bookings once your clients can look up live, last-minute availability that is up to date, providing them with time slots that are available and those already scheduled. Invited to a last-minute dinner? All your client needs to do is simply check the calendar, look for the next time slot available, and get a possible “walk-in” appointment!
- A MOBILE APP- Keep track of your employees, payroll, appointments, inventory, and just know what’s going on at your salon at all times, helping you manage and grow your business.
- PAYMENT PROCESSING- Most people don’t carry cash and are looking to pay for their service with their credit card, this feature can help. These payment processing features will provide you with an effortless checkout experience, the option to securely save credit cards on file, and many provide automatic payments straight to your checking account, saving you trips to the bank.
- SECURING PAYMENTS- The frustration when a client comes in late, regular no shows, those with last minute cancellations and any other penalty fees your salon may have will remotely be charged, rather than the difficult struggle of collecting it in person.
- AUTOMATIC MARKETING- This feature may not seem like much but having automatic marketing will have all your clients up to date of the newest treatments, the latest promotions, and you’ll receive overall help with advertising your products and services.
Two popular salon softwares with highly rated reviews and known by their popularity, are both the Vagaro and the Fresha programs. So why do we like it?
A cloud-based management solution for your salon (and even spa), that is affordable and highly rated. Vagaro allows professionals the tools they need to effectively manage their business by booking appointments and managing numerous facility roles including payroll, bookkeeping, client databases, amongst many others. Clients can schedule their appointments through Vagaro’s website or by downloading the Vagaro app. You have the capability of getting paid and appointments being booked 24/7 when you use this system.
If you are looking for a helping hand advertising a current promotion or service, but just can’t find the time, this program can also help by sending automated emails as well as text notifications. This highly-rated program comes with a 4.72/5 stars rating, and it’s an easy-to-use business tool, functional and value for your buck. With a “no contract, cancellation, setup or sign up fees” free trial, it’s a great option to try out.
This is a top-rated and affordable booking software for salons and spas. Fresha is a great option when you’re looking to manage your business at the tip of your fingers, without breaking the budget. Helping you manage your business easily, this cloud-based, salon managing software is user friendly, and easy to use as it’s created for and caters to salons and spas.
When working with this program, your clients will rest assured knowing all their information is found at one place, on the dashboard which keeps track of their visit history, future appointments and much more. Sign up is free and once you create your profile online, you appear on Fresha marketplace, Facebook, your company’s website, Instagram and even Google.
You Will Probably Regret Not Using it Sooner
This industry is fast-paced, and can be very busy (sometimes a little too much, especially when you just want to sit and rest your feet in between or after a long day of clients!). So, why wouldn’t you want to add some extra hours to your day when you have an online salon software giving you a helping hand? Check out some salon managing programs that give you the opportunity to try it out for yourself with a free trial, and see what it’s all about. Once you try it, you won’t want to go back!